Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Want to go on a WebQuest?

Who doesn't love a good scavenger hunt?  I think webquests are an awesome way to really engage students on a topic.  I kind of got sucked into looking at some of the webquest examples posted on the tutorial.  I think this type of lesson would be specifically interesting to a student with ADHD, it's a quiet, seated activity that can really keep a students attention due to the fact that you visit different websites, videos,activities, etc.

The ACC webquest we went on wasn't particularly exciting, but it also wasn't geared towards children.  The information provided was great, however most of the websites were very boring to look at and there were also several broken links that I came across.  Overall I think it did a good job of educating about assistive technologies.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting point about students with ADHD-- I wonder if having the variety of sites, videos, etc would assist them in staying more on task. Sorry it wsn't too exciting, but it DID get the job done of teaching you about AAC and AT!

    ReplyDelete